Thursday, January 27, 2011

Back-to-back challenges

I'm only a few days into this 5K effort and today was the first day of back-to-back challenges. I'm on a "local travel trip" down and all around Chicago and parts south. Since my first meeting was 2+ hours from the house, I had to get up about an hour earlier than usual to ensure I had time for my morning walk.

I'm proud to report that I did it! The walk was more satisfying since I could have easily just not done it due to the earlier time. Thankfully, I bucked-up and met the first challenge.

Tomorrow, I'm facing the second day of the back-to-back. I'm spending the night in a hotel without a treadmill, so I will have to go outside for the walk. It will be about 18 degrees with light snow when I head out. As I write this, I'm committed and I'm building on the strength from this morning.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment