Monday, March 7, 2011

Back on the work-out wagon

Well, the first day back actually feels really good.
The two weeks of layoff, while necessary due to injury, didn't seem to set me back too far.
This morning I walked for 20 minutes at 3.7/MPH on the treadmill here at home. The distance was over a mile, but not the 1.55 miles that was my initial distance.

I can feel the blood pumping through my left knee. I'm very aware of it and where the pain used to be. However, the is no pain this morning just some soreness. I'll be watching/feeling it very closely during the day to see if I can continue at this pace tomorrow.

Before I started today, I decided to listen to my iPod. As if I was in some cosmic "strength of youth" moment, the "shuffle" put of Merle Haggard, Bruce Springsteen (twice), and the Eagles. Exercise always makes me feel young, but there was something special about this workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment