Friday, February 4, 2011

2 tough days

First major bump in the journey.
We had an insane amount of snow on Tues/Wed and I had to fly on Thursday morning. The original plan to leave the house at 06:00 would have allowed me to walk on the treadmill.
Not knowing what road conditions and airport setup I would face, I left at 5:15 instead. Those extra 45 minutes are precious and I just didn't think I should get up early enough to walk.

In a wonderfully odd sort of way there was a fair amount of walking (although not at training speeds) at the airport in Milwaukee and through the airport in DC. Not a workout, but hardly a sedentary day.

I spent Thursday night at my sister and brother-in-law's house in Gambrills, MD. The plan, which impacted what clothes I brought with me, was to walk on their treadmill. Alas, the machine defeated me since I couldn't get it started and there wasn't anybody around to help.

So, I'm headed out now for a brisk outside walk in the neighborhood. Couldn't get the treadmill working, so out I go without the proper clothes. On balance, it is almost 50 degrees warmer here than at home yesterday. No way I'm get to miss two straight days.

No comments:

Post a Comment